Saturday, August 13, 2005

How fast a year goes by, OSDC decisions again...

It doesn't seem that long ago that I was considering presenting a paper at OSDC 2004. But I did, and here we are a year later in the same situation. I really enjoyed last year's conference, both giving my presentation, meeting many interesting people, and deep discussions over many beers each night. I want to submit a proposal for a paper but still haven't decided what I want to talk about. Currently I have narrowed it down to 3 topics:
  • WSGI - Present a review of where it currently is and describe/show how it is being used to create a framework-neutral set of components.
  • A Smart Client using Python - Microsoft is pushing 2 types of user interface for an n-tier application, a web client and what they refer to as a "smart" client. In M$'s case, it is written using WinForms and other .NET technologies. I want to produce something similar using Python. Have been playing with both wxPython & PyXPCOM/XULRunner before deciding on the UI toolkit to use.
  • ActiveGrid - This is an open source framework for building Web 2.0 using LAMP. Think it's more a candiate for a lighting talk.

Will have to make up my mind soon, as proposals have to be in by Friday 19 August.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WSGI WSGI WSGI!

I missed Ian's presentation at PyCon (he was up against my Roundup talk, IIRC) and I'd love to hear about it!

-- Richard Jones