Friday, April 15, 2005

Back to WSGI land

It's been over a month since my last entry as family and work have consumed most of my time. Some interesting developments for WSGI over the last month. Ian Bickings PyCon presentation provides a very good description of what WSGI is and what it is not. He used his WSGIKit for the usage examples. And just in case, we didn't appreciate what you can do with WSGIKit, a week later he provided an online tutorial on how to implement something like the famous Ruby on Rails ToDo List example with it. The WSGIKit tutorial can be found here.

Also came across some work that Allan Saddi has done. At last I can simply use FastCGI with my WSGI enabled web scripts. So using either isapi_wsgi or his fcgi.py I can run my scripts as long running processes on both IIS and Apache with no real extra effort.

No comments: